The kids are back to school... What Does Mom Do Now??
As moms, we tend to make our family's needs a higher priority than our own, which doesn't make sense. What is that old saying, "If Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy!" There is some truth to that. In Christine Carter's book, Raising Happiness, she suggests for parents to "put your own oxygen mask on first" and "take care of your own happiness before you try to teach your kids the skills they need to be happy."
So as the kids head back to school, this is the perfect time for parents to take the time to reconnect with themselves and prioritize their own happiness, no matter how small. This may help lead to a more productive, more harmonious, and less stressful family life.
Here are 5 things to do with your time when the kiddies head back to the classroom.
1. Hang Out with Friends - It's important to take time to have fun with friends and laugh. This doesn't mean you have to have a wild, crazy night out on the town, but perhaps simply meet for coffee or quick lunch. Host a Girls' Night In and have spray tanning party. It is a great way to have a fun getaway with friends, and fit in a gorgeous glowing sunless tan at the same time!
2. Pamper Yourself - As we mentioned getting a spray tan with friends above, there is a definite confidence booster that comes with any small improvement to your image or with the simple act of relaxing and getting pampered. Rejuvenate yourself for the new school year by getting a new haircut, a spray tan, mani-pedi, or a relaxing massage. My sister would always say that a good eyebrow waxing and a spray tan instantly improved her self image when she was feeling less than perfect. Many of our spray tan artists are also licensed for the above mentioned services, including beauty services such as eyelash extensions and makeup application.
3. Get Fit - I know, it's easier said than done, but it has been proven that exercise releases "happy chemicals" to the brain, helps you de-stress, and gives you more energy. And not to mention the confidence you will gain from having a fit body! Just remember sweating can cause your spray tan to wear off quicker, so put baby powder on areas such as cleavage, arm bends, knee bends, under the breasts, and any area where sweat and friction often remove your spray tan. The physical benefits of exercise are amazing for your health, but if working out is just not your thing, or if you need a boost to get started, add body contouring to your regular spray tan session to create the illusion of a leaner, toner figure and accentuate muscle definition! When all else fails, remember, "If you can't tone it, TAN IT!"
4. Start a Hobby - Do something you have always wanted to do. It could be anything from knitting to painting, to learning guitar, or simply volunteering. Find something you are passionate about and just do it. That is how Infinite Glow was started. My hobby was tanning, but I needed a safer way of getting a tan other than the sun or UV tanning beds. I fell in love with sunless tanning and saw a need for a mobile spray tanning service in my area. My side project of spray tanning boomed into a growing and very profitable business, and the rest is history! Infinite Glow can help you get started with your own spray tanning business, too!
5. Sleep On It - Taking time for yourself also means getting enough beauty sleep. Studies have shown proper sleep is essential to your health. Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Enough shut-eye can also help improve many aspects of your life. The Harvard Women's Health Watch suggests six reasons to get enough sleep:
Learning and memory - Sleep can help the brain to commit to new information to memory
Metabolism and weight - Chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies store carbohydrates and by altering hormones that can affect our appetites
Mood - Loss of sleep can affect irritability, moodiness, impatience, and inability to concentrate
Cardiovascular disease - Sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, increased stress, hormone levels, and irregular heartbeat
Safety - Sleep debt can lead to greater bouts of drowsiness during the daytime, which may lead to mistakes made in the work place such as medical errors, air traffic mishaps, causing falls, or road accidents.
Disease - Sleep deprivation alters the immune system, including activity of the body's killer cells. Keeping up with sleep may also help to fight cancer.